cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo 360mini noisy and also constant CS9995 error the past few days

danmarkfurness
Joining in

I recently upgraded and got an additional box upstairs which has always had issues with a noisy fan after a short while being on. It is enough to not be disguised by the TV sound and I am very aware when it happens. It is on top of a wardrobe so we'll ventilated.

There was recently some outage in the local area regarding tivo and it seems to have created further issues. I now get roughly 5 times a day (that I see) the CS9995 error with both icons showing red and advising there is no WiFi connection. I am in the same room and the TV is connected and my phone. It takes 10 minutes+ to resolve itself. I occasionally wake up during the night and the box has turned on from standby which is annoying. It is not turning the TV on thankfully but I can tell by the LED light. I have reset the router numerous times with no success. Using the My Virgin app to test connection issues shows the error that the box is not connected even when it has rectified itself.

At the end of my tether so after some support and advice please. 

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello danmarkfurness.

Thank you for your post and giving me the opportunity to fix the connection issue and the noisy 360 mini box.

There are a few thing we can take a look at from here to get you all sorted.

The 360 box may need replacing which we can arrange here by a service technician visit.

Also where its placed the wardrobe may be acting like an amplifier and making the fan sound louder. 

Does it sound loud if you pick it up and hold it?

The connection issue is an easy fix, if you have our Volt bundle or are on 1gb internet than we can get a pod sent free of charge to improve the home connection.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello danmarkfurness.

Thanks for those details

Can you let me know how the technician visit goes and when you receive the Pod.

Gareth_L