cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This site can’t provide a secure connection...

eachisown
Joining in

"The connection for this site is not secure"
"This site can’t provide a secure connection"
"Secure Connection Failed"

All variations of the same error when trying to connect to certain websites.

I did recently move home and this wasn't a problem at my old address so I am certain it is to do with that but I'm not tech savvy enough to know what's going on.

I have 100% turned off Websafe/Virus safe

Hopefully someone can help?

4 REPLIES 4

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @eachisown 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Client62
Legend

Are these error seen on major firms websites such as UK Banks and Supermarkets which are all HTTPS ? 

Or are they exactly what is being reported, HTTP websites that are not secure ?

I had virgin installed in my house today and I am experiencing the same issue with some of the websites I use for my business. I don't get this error with all websites though.

When I hotspot from my phone, I am able to access the website which is being blocked when connected to my virgin media hub. Please help ASAP as I need to access the website which I am getting an error for for work purposes.

Thanks,

Nina

Client62
Legend

Disable Child Safe in the Virgin Media online account, it is a DNS content filter.

Failing this change your computer to use a Public DNS and full internet access will be restored.