cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Morning Broadband is down in my house - cant work - then it turns itself back on after 4 hours

Londonkiwi
Tuning in

This has now turned into a short story:A short mystery story 

• Woke up and cannot connect to the internet. 
  • Lights are on on the router but its not there to connect on the laptop. I work in IT - I need the internet to do my job - Phone tether is not good enough for the work i need to do. 
  • I reset the router and it has changed nothing. I have checked the local outages and it says there are none. 
  • I keep trying to use your website to find answers and I keep getting error messages with every other page. 404 not working. 

As soon as I post this - the internet comes back on and the 3 hours i lost of work time this morning slip into a faded memory..... 

Hope you enjoyed the story - would be nice to find out WHY this happens and how to prevent it please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Londonkiwi,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post!

I am sorry to hear you've had some issues with your service. Appreciate that must be incredibly frustrating. 

I have taken a look at our systems and can see your area is currently impacted by an area congestion outage estimated to be resolved by 24 AUG 2022 15:00. As such,  you might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused but rest assured our engineers are on the case.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Londonkiwi,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post!

I am sorry to hear you've had some issues with your service. Appreciate that must be incredibly frustrating. 

I have taken a look at our systems and can see your area is currently impacted by an area congestion outage estimated to be resolved by 24 AUG 2022 15:00. As such,  you might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused but rest assured our engineers are on the case.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs