cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They're dodging me at this point (213MB, or so they say)

AS6
Dialled in

What a joke this company is. You say the truth and what your experiencing and they say they would fix it for you only to do absolutely nothing but say "There are no issues on our system. Its your fault for buying Virgin in the first place!"😂

I've been experiencing terrible Wi-Fi for a great period of time. I get next to nothing of what i was promised in terms of wireless speed, the connection is intermittent sometimes switching off it feels like it and they placed the damn router 1000 miles away from my living room which contains my Xbox. 

Now, I have no support at all and I'm left with a terrible service and I've got bars surrounding me, locked up into this contract. 

Jodi_S has stopped responding to me in private messages when she was supposed to help me through this **bleep**show and after having to do a SECOND POST, I got a "we are looking into it" response from Serena_C just for her to also stop contacting me and update the situation and try to fix matters. 

The best way to describe Virgin Media is like imagine the engineers are Homer Simpson's and they have a million different types of switches they can play around with. Now if you've seen the Simpsons, you would know how that ends up, and it is not very pleasant at all.

So I would appreciate if those mentioned above and/or different people part of the forum team could actually give a **bleep** and help me!

3 REPLIES 3

Richw1982
Rising star

Trouble is you are slagging off all the people that could help you and still expecting them to help.  What speed are you getting wired using a device that is capable of the speed?  I'm assuming the tech did a speedtest when he was there and the speed was ok ( and no the devices aren't rigged at all, if anything they are slightly slower due to VPN connections ).  How many devices are you having issues with?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I get next to nothing of what i was promised in terms of wireless speed,”, where were you promised a certain WiFi speed? VM provide a broadband connection and only guarantee their speed with an Ethernet cabled device, they never guarantee WiFi speed due to many external factors outside of their control.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

WiFi speed deteriorates due to distance and obstacles such as walls and ceilings. Until a solution is found I suggest that you get a long Ethernet cable (cat 5a or cat 6) and use it to connect your Xbox to the hub.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection