cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst broad band

Nimal185
Tuning in

Is there any other worst broadbands other  than  virgin in UK? Switched to virgin last September after saw the virgin advertisement about 100mb/s but since that I am feeling sick and I can’t even load a page in upstair and WiFi is keep dropping. Anyone else face the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nimal185

Thanks for coming back to us. Please don't send a PM unless requested. 

I've checked this for you and I am sorry the issue is not sorted. The engineer found a fault when they last visited and this was resolved via the networks team. I have therefore ran a further diagnostic today and it's shown this;

Our system has identified a very short term connectivity issue which may cause intermittent or performance related issues with your connection. We believe that the issue will be a very short term one and your connection will return to normal very soon.

We need to check that the coax cable (white cable) is connected securely to every piece of Virgin Media kit but also ensure that it is connected securely to any splitters that are in use as well as the wall socket. Tighten any loose connections to make sure they are finger tight. If the cables have push-fit connectors make sure they are connected securely, especially to the back on the Hub 3.0. Make sure all connectors that go into the splitter (if you have more than one piece of equipment) are tightly connected.

I've also logged this with the networks team to notify them you've contacted us. Please do the above, monitor for 7 days and let us know if still having issues by next Thursday, the 12th. We'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is it only the WiFi that is dropping?  Do you get a good connection with a device connected to the Hub by ethernet, or does that fail too?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nimal185, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear you feel this way. 

When there are issues with your connection it can be frustrating. 

Taking a look at things today, it looks as though there is a pro longed signal issue where your power levels are out of spec. I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nimal185, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot to you, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi,

I would like to know what action virgin is going to take regarding the broadband ? What’s is the update you got from your technician ? 

thank you 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Nimal185 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Did you manage to locate your engineer visit? If so did they manage to get any of the issues resolved ?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Not all, the technician came and he didn’t even check my hub and he checked the main box? by the side of the road and stated issue need to be resolve by engineer?

Hi Nimal185

Thanks for coming back to us. Please don't send a PM unless requested. 

I've checked this for you and I am sorry the issue is not sorted. The engineer found a fault when they last visited and this was resolved via the networks team. I have therefore ran a further diagnostic today and it's shown this;

Our system has identified a very short term connectivity issue which may cause intermittent or performance related issues with your connection. We believe that the issue will be a very short term one and your connection will return to normal very soon.

We need to check that the coax cable (white cable) is connected securely to every piece of Virgin Media kit but also ensure that it is connected securely to any splitters that are in use as well as the wall socket. Tighten any loose connections to make sure they are finger tight. If the cables have push-fit connectors make sure they are connected securely, especially to the back on the Hub 3.0. Make sure all connectors that go into the splitter (if you have more than one piece of equipment) are tightly connected.

I've also logged this with the networks team to notify them you've contacted us. Please do the above, monitor for 7 days and let us know if still having issues by next Thursday, the 12th. We'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Nimal185, 

Thanks again for your message however as advised by John above, do not send a PM unless requested. 

Can you please come back and let us know if you followed the advice given by John above? 

It looks as though the engineer who visited you, raised this with the networks team who in turn raised a short term fault. This was noted on your account by John and has since been resolved. There is no longer any open fault and all is looking good with your Hub stats. The power levels are where they need to be and there are no timeouts. 

The Hub looks as though it has been online for a long time so please turn this off at the mains and leave off for a few minutes. Turn back on and leave to setup. Let us know how the connection is then. 

In terms of raising a complaint, we don't have an email address. You can raise one online through your My Virgin Media account here: Complaints Code of Practice or if you would prefer us to raise this for you, we can 🙂 Just let me know in your next reply and I can go through data protection with you and go from there. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi, 

I sent you message because my internet problem has not been resolved. I did everything what you suggested but there is no change. It’s not f...king short term fault it’s a fault more than 6months now and every time when I spoke to your useless customer cares you said bla bla but there is no change in the problem. Why you engineer or technician can’t come and check inside my house that how much I am struggling for fast 6 months with you **bleep** network ? I have 45GB data and I used that and have to wait for another 3 days because of your f....king useless broadband. I am working for GP surgeries and working remotely so how can I work without broadband? If you can’t provide a reliable internet connection then say that. As per consumer rights act 2015 you have the duty to provide a satisfactory service but you failed.