Menu
Mertturkseven
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The poorest broadband service I have ever experienced.

Hello everyone. 

It has been 4 months since I started using virgin and I may be the most dissatisfied person. the promises they make are not true. As we said at the beginning, internet speed never matches what they say. Although we get used to this over time, the real problem is just beginning. One day, when everything was fine, we suddenly lost our internet. Although we paid. the bottom light on the modem started to flash green. first we tried everything we could, but it didn't work. Then we called the virgin technical team and waited on the line for 1 hour. They said we will solve a general problem, they said it was solved after 1 week, but it was not solved. They said we will send an engineer after repeated calls. Today is our second week without internet. We pay money for the internet that we cannot use. If an engineer still does not show up, we will cancel our subscription and write bad reviews everywhere.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: The poorest broadband service I have ever experienced.

BB speeds are only guaranteed on ethernet cable connected devices - is that how you are testing or only on wifi connected ones?

Every supplier has issues from time to time. If there is a 'known problem" affecting multiple users they will never send out Tech visits until that is sorted (makes sense!). So the first thing is to check for those issues.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on the 0800 number. This is for complete loss of service

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation
https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mertturkseven
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We already tried to call all of the numbers. There is no geographical problem. Eventually, after the long wait, they said they are going to send an engineer to our house on Wednesday this week. However, this conversation was last week. 2 days ago we received an sms and they asked us if we want earlier service and we said yes. After that, we received another sms which says we can’t come earlier. I mean, seriously? This is like joke. The problem is, how fixing the internet can take that much long? We have classes, and working from home. This is very bad situation especially during these times. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Mertturkseven wrote:

how fixing the internet can take that much long? We have classes, and working from home.

It can take some time, sometimes.  Hopefully the tech will have a simpler fix to get you back up. If you still have poor wifi - post back

Recent issue in LondonRecent issue in London

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos