Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

The engineer drilled a hole, while he did not have to

So I just got my internet installed. The engineer came to my house, and despite me showing him all the necessary sockets and the box, he insisted on drilling the hole. I asked him multiple times if he guarantees that the socket does not work and if it is not connected to the box downstairs - he assured me that not and that my neighbours have done the same. Since I did not have experience in the installation, I trusted him.

When he left, I spoke to my neighbours and the person who remodelled the house and both confirmed that this socket actually works for Virgin Media broadband  and the engineer should have used it.

Now I want Virgin Media to reinstall the cable properly and fix the whole and damage to the property. I submitted the formal complaint. I also tried to talk to somebody on the phone - however it seems impossible to speak to an actual human being. What can be my next steps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: The engineer drilled a hole, while he did not have to

If you’ve submitted a complaint you have to follow the complaints code of practice. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos