Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Terrible service

Am running a hub 2 ac and have had 'no internet' for a few days. After numerous unsuccessful calls to customer services, was finally supplied with a hub 3. Still have the same issue, solid yellow light and no internet. After another one hour call to cs, the operator assured me they would sort the issue within 24 hrs. Nothing. Called again yesterday and after hanging on for 1hr 3 mins got cut off! Need connection for work tomorrow! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible service

Hi martin964rs,

Have you followed the instructions for Yellow light on hub  on the hub3 ?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you activated the new hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave 

Yes, tried it a few times with the router returning to solid yellow every time.

Cheers, Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, activated the hub and spoken to customer services since - with no joy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So what did CS say when you spoke to them and they tested your connection?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

He just told me to leave the router on and it would be sorted within 24 hours. That was Friday lunchtime! Not impressed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try this ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try putting the 2ac back on. If the new Hub hasn't been activated then the old one will still be active.

Here is come info from a recent thread by newapollo

------------------
VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the equipment should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. "By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the equipment or put you in touch with the right team".

The old method was to reboot the equipment and if it failed then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.
You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.
That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4 if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. No joy rebooting the 3 as you suggested. Solid yellow again.

I did retry the 2 ac a few times yesterday after the 3 failed but was constantly getting the 'no internet' message. The initial reason for called CS was because the 2 ac would disconnect then keep throwing up random messages like 'couldn't obtain ip address' or 'incorrect password'. Since trying the 3, the 2 ac is now consistent with its 'no internet' message.

I'm assuming the problem is their end.

0 Kudos