Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Terrible service

For a few days my broadband has been going off once or twice a day. 

Last night for 2 hours it was going off every 5 or 10 minutes, I check status site which is never accurate and it said no issues. 

I turn off the HUB (worst piece of **** as far as WiFi is concerned) for 10 minutes but still intermittent, so I call VM 150 only to be told yes its a known issue but its band 4 problem so they don't register band 3 or 4 with updates on the status Web page only 1 & 2.

It isn't intermittent anymore, for the last 2 hours no Internet at all so I call back to be told by a different tech that its known & it is a BAND 2 issue & should be fixed by the 29th (7 days from now) BUT the status page still says No Issues.

Do VM even care about communication or getting facts right? Do they realise that it isn't just the broadband service that we lose, their customers also pay for PS+, Netflix, Amazon Prime along with many other subscription services, do they reimburse those for THEIR FAULTS or give us back the Mobile data we have to use when their faults cause so many inconveniences, short answer to that is NO!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible service

Just to be clear (as I for one am not clear what Band 1-4 issues are!) - is it actually the network that is going down - or just the wifi. i.e. do ethernet cable connected devices stay on the network at the same time ? Assuming it is a network fault - what did they tell you they mean by "band issues?

Just curious

If its just wifi then there are things you can do to sort that yourself.

Also, as well as trying the “check service,” weblink , there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All Internet down, ethernet + WiFi, external issues, the Bands 1 to 4 are how they categorise how severe the issue is, band 1 being the most serious so this is how they set priorities on what's fixed first.

The Web links are rarely accurate as not updated often enough & as for calling, what's the point when 2 different tech support tells you complely different things about same issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Xaxxa wrote:

The Web links are rarely accurate as not updated often enough & as for calling, what's the point when 2 different tech support tells you complely different things about same issue. 

The web service status is for Area faults - i.e. those affecting >thousands of users.  If you have a more local issue such as a cut cable, damaged street cab, etc., then it is unlikely to show on the webpage.  It may however, be noted on the "automated" faults number I posted - if enough people have called in to report the same fault - it doesn't auto-report problems.  If you dont call it you wont know - if nothing shows you will have to call it in.  Unfortunately some of the offshore CS lot will tell you anything to get you off the line so they can move on.  You will get best information on here but you will have to wait a day or two for a response - its not a hotline into VM.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Xaxxa, 

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. 

I have checked from our end and can see there is an SNR outage (F007595214 ), which will be causing an intermittent service with both TV and broadband services. This is currently estimated to be fixed 16:00, 29/11/19. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, we will be working to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos