cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service

sjeffrey1984
Joining in

So I will begin when we moved address and new equipment was installed over 6 months ago. 
since we have had bad signal and I still haven’t been able to sign in to online account as there is error on there end that won’t let me do it.

I phone every single month trying to fix it and every single month it’s palmed off to someone different, once I was on the phone for over 2 hours and was transferred over to someone else to get an automated reply saying the office is closed goodbye. I have finally given up and have demanded to leave and they want to charge me 240 for rubbish service and terrible customer service. I have phoned up 3 times to cancel and been transferred over to 2 different people on one call as I refuse to pay the fee, oh and surprise surprise my right to cancel run out this month supposedly, I’m sure I would have got the same answer if I phoned up last month. One said about sending hub out as we have never had a green light on box but no follow up and no box arrived.

I wouldn’t care if I got a service which I paid for but no offer of compensation at all. Anybody else had this problem and any suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

Raise formal complaint and then take to CISAS as necessary.

Document what you have said in the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you just want to cancel - see this...

Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, from any phone - they are still picking up (in the UK too) - calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with short wait times.

"TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001

2. In writing to…
Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.
Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

3. Or if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form..

Whatever you do DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been settled or...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/new-credit-file-default-affecting-mortgage-app...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sjeffrey1984, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with the service and when calling our team, this is definitely not what we would want to happen.

We would very much like to help get this matter resolved so if you could please expand on the issues you have had with the service, we will do all we can to help. Could you please let us know if the issue is with just WiFi or also wired connections? 

Also, what happens when you try to login to your online account?

If you do decide you wish to go ahead with the cancellation, we would suggest following the information provided by JBrennand.

Thank you 

Nat

OK, let’s get a few things straight.

Firstly as regards to ‘bad customer services’, we’ll VM have never and never will win awards for this, the fact that trying to get any meaningful support from their customer services which goes beyond ‘turning it on and off again’ is akin to dealing with Satan and all His Demons of Hell is somewhat telling. And that’s fine, it does appear to be what their senior management want, so be it.

Now moving on to some practical help, you mention ‘bad signal’, now are your issues just related to WiFi connected devices or are you seeing problems with devices connected via Ethernet cables? If the former than it possibly can be fixed albeit with some expenditure on your part, if the latter than that indicates an issue with the incoming connection and that may be something that VM can rectify.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sjeffrey1984

I am sorry to hear that you're having ongoing issues with your service, that have led to you wishing to leave.  Would you please confirm the answers to the questions jem101 raised?

Regards

Lee_R