Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tenda Nova MW6 clash with virgin box V6

Okay. This is one last ditch attempt to get a solution to my current predicament.

When our Virgin TV V6 box is switched off, or on but not displaying on the TV (so it could be recording a programme for example) then the nova internet speed is in the region of 200mbps. Perfect. But when the V6 box is being used on the TV the internet speeds are 10mbps at an absolute best; and upload speeds are close to 0.1mbps...

We’ve tried to do some research online and found other people have had similar problems and have attempted some solutions that others have suggested:
1) putting our virgin hub3 into modem only mode and connecting the primary tenda nova node.
2) ensuring all software on the nova and the hub are up to date.
3) putting the virgin hub3 back into router mode and using the nova system in ‘bridge’ mode.

All three of these have had no success and the same issue is still occurring. Does anyone have any final suggestions before we look into other mesh networks.

On a side note; feel tree to recommend any other mesh networks.

Thanks in advance,

M
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tenda Nova MW6 clash with virgin box V6

Did you see the recent story on the news that an entire village (in Wales) lost its internet connection when a family turned their (not old) TV for the morning news? Investigators, identified it was a faulty part in the TV causing strong interference.

So just worth asking, have you tried connecting the V6 to a different TV (or computer monitor) to see if that is the cause of the interference. Or what happens if the TV is on "freeview" rather than V6 TV?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Haha, no I hadn’t heard that.

The TV can be running the WiiU, the Xbox, the Apple TV or the bluray player and the nova network still runs at 200+mbps. It’s just when its on the source of the V6.

I’ve not tried a different TV though... I’ll try that next. Thanks,

M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

See...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd have had the villagers & BT chipping in for a >> new TV << for me 😁

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Amazing! You have solved my issue!

Using a different TV didn’t actually make any difference but to test a different TV I had plugged the V6 directly into the TV and it turns out that the V6 through my HDMI switcher was the issue.

Solved: Tenda nova on bridge mode. Hub3 as a router (WiFi disabled). V6 plugged directly into the TV.

0 Kudos