Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tenda F9 Setup on 3.0 Hub

Hello, trying to set up a tenda F9. Its detected a static IP connection. The details we have are:

IP address: 192.168.100.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.100.16

Preffered DNS: 8.8.8.8

Alt DNS: 8.8.4.4

When we press submit it connects for a minute then the connection disappears. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tenda F9 Setup on 3.0 Hub

Is should be DHCP connected, not Static.  Be aware that router only has 3 usable 100mb Ethernet ports and the WAN port is also only 100mb, so if you are on a package over 100 mb it will not work over 100mb. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Start again doing it this way.
-----------------------------------
Disconnect all cables from your Router and unplug it. Put the VM hub into modem mode (see VM website for details) and wait for the base light to turn magenta. Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable to the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect your own router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You need to power everything off (hub abs Tenda).

Power on the hub only (in modem mode) and let it initialise.

Then power on the Tenda and it let initialise as well. 

Make sure nothing else is plugged into the virgin hub apart from the Tenda. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos