cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary broadband outage/Upstream stuck at 16 QAM

Julraven
Joining in

I have noticed that from 28th of November the quality of my broadband has significantly dropped.  While download looks as usual at 500 (Mbps)  the upload has been dropping to 1-8 (Mbps) and occasionally but only for short moments going back to 52 (Mbps). It is getting worse by the day, to the point that from 6pm last night until this morning I wasn't able to open any websites. Internet is back for the time being but it is unstable and upload changes all the time between 1 and 51 (Mbps)

I have also noticed that since the 28th November my upstream channels which were locked at 64 qam are now locked at 16 qam. Power (dBmV) dropped from approx 42 to 35-37 (dBmV)

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
12359934636.2512016 qam9
23010054136.7512016 qam4
33660000037.2512016 qam3
44310000037.2512016 qam2
54959926337.2512016 qam1

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
1ATDMA00150
2ATDMA00300
3ATDMA00380
4ATDMA00170
5ATDMA001010

Cheers,

Jul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us Julraven, I have looked into this and can see that the area fault is still ongoing and has a new estimated fix time of 9am on Thursday 7th December.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, that's a very poor US set of stats.  I'm guessing maybe a SNR fault, or something amiss in the street cabinet?

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Julraven
Joining in

Thank you for your comment.I'm actually from UK not US.

My Shared Graph 

Thank you for your comment. I'm actually from UK 

My Shared Grapf:
virgin media2.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Julraven wrote:

Thank you for your comment. I'm actually from UK 

<snip>

"US" as in UpStream channels.  Conversely "DS" as in DownStream channels.  🙂 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks for the explanation😁

Thank you, I called the number you suggested and apparently engineers  are out fixing the issue however they say it is a complex issue and it takes longer than usual to fix it.   

It has been nearly 5days now and it is unthinkable that it would take so much time to fix it. I use the internet for work and this outage seriously affects me. 

Cheers,

Jul

Thanks for coming back to us Julraven, I have looked into this and can see that the area fault is still ongoing and has a new estimated fix time of 9am on Thursday 7th December.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L