Menu
Always25
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Telly keeps buffing

I upped my Internet on the advice of someone I spoke to yet still my telly buffers all the time, if my children are on the xbox, upping the internet was meant to help? 

Just spoke to customer service they said they would transfer me to a team but I would have to pay for the call and minutes 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telly keeps buffing

Dont use VM's gadget rescue you will get better advice on here

Do you have a VM TV box - if so is it a TiVo a V6 or a 360 ? How is the TV connected to the box and to the Hub - ethernet cable or wifi.

Serious gamers would never use a wifi connection - connect the xbox to the Hub by an ethernet cable if you can.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Always25
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have a Tivo box, the kids are connected via WiFi as is the telly, I did get a booster that still didn't work as the house has spots were there is no WiFi.. I upgraded the Internet but still its not great. 

Thank you for replying. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo gets all of its internet and TV content from its white co-ax cable connection. So if that's "buffering" its a fault on that connection and nothing at all to do with your broadband and wifi connection via the Hub. Although the same fault may be affecting both. Who told you that a "speed" increase would sort that buffering - was it a VM CS person or mate next door?

Re wifi black spots - what Hub model is it - a Hub3 I assume?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Always25
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's a hub 3,the engineer said he fixed some connectivity parts and a cable that goes from inside to outside, no it was a virgin media customer service person, he said I had enough speed etc to have loads of devices on.

Thank you for the reply 

0 Kudos