Menu
FinGeSoFuDgE
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Telephone Cable Location for Modem Mode?

Hi all

I've brought an Asus A86U router and want to put the Super Hub 3 into modem mode.

My question is, what happens to the telephone cable? The phone is currently plugged into the back of the Super Hub 3 but the Asus doesn't have a port the same?

TIA 👍

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone Cable Location for Modem Mode?

AFAIK the phone port on the hub does not work if the hub is used in modem mode.. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don’t know the answer but it would be easy to put the Hub into Modem Mode, logon to the Hub and see if the telephone port stays active.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

the phone port on the hub will keep working in modem mode. you need to leave the phone connected to the port on the hub and everything else connects to your own router
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:
the phone port on the hub will keep working in modem mode. you need to leave the phone connected to the port on the hub and everything else connects to your own router

in which case i stand corrected 🙂

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Works fine, well at least it does on my Hub 4 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:

I take its done by 10. network?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would assume so. I know its not the router side it's all done modem side.
0 Kudos
FinGeSoFuDgE
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've kept it as apcyberax mentioned and the phone is working correctly still.

Only issue now is that I've no internet connection.

I've put the Super Hub 3 into modem mode and the light stayed solid red. Plugged the Asus AC86 router in and connected an Ethernet cable from the blue port on the back of that into port 1 of the Super Hub. Flicking through some pages there seems to be some conflicting information with some saying the Super Hub in modem mode should have a red light and some say it should be magenta?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@FinGeSoFuDgE wrote:

I've kept it as apcyberax mentioned and the phone is working correctly still.

Only issue now is that I've no internet connection.

I've put the Super Hub 3 into modem mode and the light stayed solid red. Plugged the Asus AC86 router in and connected an Ethernet cable from the blue port on the back of that into port 1 of the Super Hub. Flicking through some pages there seems to be some conflicting information with some saying the Super Hub in modem mode should have a red light and some say it should be magenta?

Turn both router and hub off, switch on router and wait until fully booted up, then turn on Hub and the router will automatically pick up the connection 🙂 Usually takes about 5-10 mins for the router to pick it up 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos