cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician No Show, Can't talk to anyone--I need help now

starr323
Joining in

Hi All, 

Trying this because I don't know what else to do. It's Monday and my internet hub has had a green blinking light since Saturday morning. I work from home and don't have endless data. I need this sorted ASAP. I made an appointment for a technician to come today between 12-4pm and got FOUR TEXT MESSAGES reminding me I better be home or will get charged. Well, it's almost 5pm and I did my part. Can't get through to a human being, I have sent a text that is in a queue, you can only cancel or reschedule an appointment, but can't find out where the hell anyone is. In a WFH culture, it is unacceptable for Virgin Media to continually have this problem and not give people an option to speak to anyone. What am I supposed to do next? Where is the tech and why haven't they shown up? When can this get sorted? 

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 to check for any faults in your area?

Could be various reasons for a tech no-show, so this may not apply in your case, but VM frequently cancels appointments if it identifies a general area fault is happening.

My box has been flashing geen since the weekend too and also stopped my tv box working. I have an engineer booked for tomorrow. Hopefully they turn up. I think they did some kind of software update and it seems to have killed a lot of routers or at least has them all flashing green.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GooniesWorld

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with the TV services

How did the technician visit go? Are your services now back up and running?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The engineer came yesterday evening and left pretty quickly. They replaced the router but this did not fix the issue. The router is now flashing red. The manager to get a few tv channels to work but the majority do not work and I get a message saying connect your Internet hub. The engineer was meant to call me back after they left and they have not. I did try and call them on the number they gave me but they did not pick up and have not responded to the message I left.

I called Virgin Media and they booked another engineer for this Friday and also arranged for compensation due to having basically no since since last Wednesday.

Let's hope this Friday goes better than yesterday.

GooniesWorld
On our wavelength

Managed*

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @starr323 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband hub.

How has the connection been since your last post? Is your connection now back up and running?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @GooniesWorld 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I can see the technician visit has fixed everything for you, please do pop back to the community should you ever need further help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill