Menu
Stephenreyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Talktalk extenders

I have some old talktalk extenders that appear to work i.e plugged in to virgin and plug sockets all green and shows full signsl where i dont usually get one although states talktalk wifi. I have a passwork for the extenders but the connect button is greyed out! 2 questions, will they work with Virgin and 2 if so how do I change to highlight the connect button.

Thanks for your replies and help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talktalk extenders

If they’re old they’re probably only 2.4Ghz n extenders and therefore not providing decent speeds. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Stephenreyn
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

These are D Link DHP-W310AV if that helps?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There's no reason they won't work - you might need to factory reset them and re-deploy them from scratch, but assuming they're not faulty, they should work.

They are, however, low spec and unlikely to provide a robust, reliable connection. 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Stephenreyn wrote:

These are D Link DHP-W310AV if that helps?

https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/-/media/consumer_products/dhp/dhp-w310av/datasheet/dhpw310ava1datasheet.p... 

Only 100Mbps LAN and 802.11n/g/b 300Mbps wireless.

Depending on what broadband package you have they could end up being the limiting factor.

0 Kudos