Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Taking the legal route to resolve problems

Hi all

I have very regular, intermittent connectivity issues.  Virgin have admitted it is an infrastructure problem whereas faults in their cabling cause devices to be kicked off the network.  

It goes without saying the service they provide in general is shocking and they make communication with them tedious and challenging in the hopes we give up... Well, I'm not that kinda guy.. 😉

I wonder if anyone has gotten as far as taking legal action against Virgin and were they successful?

Thx

J.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Taking the legal route to resolve problems

Legal action in what sense? On what grounds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding

That's part of the question really.  I think they have mis-sold a service they cannot provide.  I also think they have failed in their duty to make reasonable effort to resolve the problems.

Are there any existing cases out there to measure against.

I'm also curious as to whether anyone begun a process which was sufficient enough for them to listen.. ie The threat of legal action was enough..

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Read this thread right through.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate this Andruser.

The code of practice link is dead (shocker!) but it gives me something to work with.

All the best

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

Bear in mind that the key to success in complaints/arbitration/legal action is knowing your facts: Evidence of your complaint, knowing what your rights are (search Consumer Rights Act 2015, and then see the section on Services), and patience.  All these are slow processes

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I never understood why people jump the gun and go straight to legal action over mere network issues.

And then wonder why price increases occur as VM have to pay up to subdue over-reactive customers. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Gary - it's clear what outcome you want if your answer helped.  But what if the original poster found it unhelpful?  Should they find a post from @MikeRobbo and award kudos to that?

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

Gary - it's clear what outcome you want if your answer helped.  But what if the original poster found it unhelpful?  Should they find a post from @MikeRobbo and award kudos to that?

That wasn’t the question that I proposed though?

Neither does it answer it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's two kudos for MikeRobbo, then.

0 Kudos