Menu
600m
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Taken oomph package but not recieved speed boost or box

Please can a Virgin forum memeber contact me. We upgraded to the oomph package 7/1/21 and oomph contract started 2/2/21.

We haven't received the additional box or the internet speed boost from 200 to 500 but we have received the sim and, thanks to the forum, managed to update the tv channels. Nothing on the 'track your order'. We have rebooted the hub 3 a number of times since but no change and config tab still showing the 200 speeds. We intially had a engineer date of 2/2/21 which changed to NaN a few days before, not sure we need a engineer though as we already have a 2nd coaxial connection from previously having multiroom.

Tried multiple times to call but when finally answered the call is disconnected without anyone speaking, online chat, after hours wasted, keeps saying we need to call and no reply to previous post. Frustrated and fed up so any help appreciated!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SlasherMCT
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Taken oomph package but not recieved speed boost or box

We upgraded our internet speeds last year using the online forms.  The billing happened but the service did not change until we contacted customer services on the phone.

0 Kudos
600m
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply SlasherMCT, not encouraging signs. We were upgraded by the retentions team on the phone after we gave our 28 days notice, got a call back offering a deal to stay but since agreeing to a new package can't get hold of anyone on phone or on here, either get all lines busy and disconnect or stay on hold long enough for someone to put the phone down without speaking. Got the new contract and price running but without the goods, feel robbed.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It depends what you upgraded. 

I upgraded M100 to Omph and the internet speed was upgraded overnight and the SIM card arrived few days later via Royal Mail.

If you have opted for extra TV boxes that won't happen as engineers are not allowed to install extra boxes. They will only visit propery for basic setup maybe single socket. Extra TV boxes not considered essentional 🙂

You can check if the internet been upgraded by checking the config status below

sayekm_0-1613060426185.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
600m
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sayekm, thanks for the reply. We already have the socket fittings for the extra box from having multiroom a while ago, just need the box sending. In regards to the speed, that is our max traffic rate too based on the previous 200 speed, not had the speed increase sent which I can't imagine takes much, been reseting the hub but no joy.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You dont need to reset the hub3 for the change to take effect. Mine just upgraged overnight and was ready in the morning.

I don't have TV with VM so not sure if they be happy to send out the second box to user. Maybe it needs engineer visit to adjust the power level when adding extra box.

But if you log onto your account and check "Track your order" there should be a appointment if you have something booked.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
600m
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pretty sure if I could just get anyone from Virgin to look it'd be sorted in minutes.

From what I have read elsewhere on the forum they just send the additional box (part of the new oomph package we took) with remotes for self activation, no one needed an engineer as far as I know but I could be wrong. Nothing at all under 'track you order'.

Same with the hub, again going from info on the forum, someone just needs to send the signal.

Hopefully someone will see this and act.

0 Kudos