cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV glitching and broadband dropping out

sitereportuk
On our wavelength

Throughout today, I've been having issues with the TV glitching and broadband dropping out (no internet). I've rebooted the router, TV box, etc multiple times and run a test via the VM website and an appointment was made for Thursday am. However, I've received no confirmation of the appointment and I'm unsure whether the engineer will turn up or not. As I'm working from home, stable internet connection is vital. This isn't a wifi issue... I'm fully aware of the issue with the hub so use that in modem mode and have some Deco M5s to ensure wifi is good throughout my house. How can I check if there's my appointment has been made please? Thanks in advance.

55 REPLIES 55

Hi Martin,

I had an appointment yesterday. Maybe the engineer organised the network team to look at cabinet issues?

Did the engineer advise they were going to arrange for that to be done?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

At one point prior to finding the squashed cable, he suggested that it may be necessary. He was testing  the power in the cabinet and it was dropping out on one side and then on both but when he found the cable issue, that wasn't mentioned again. I guess if he was testing via the cable, that may have caused that issue... but I'm not a network engineer so don't know for sure. As mentioned in a previous message, things seem stable for now which is a massive improvement but I will keep a careful eye on things over the coming week and beyond.

Thank you for that. Please do continue to monitor this and let us know how it goes. 

^Martin

Will do. Thanks Martin.

I've found the option to get BQM to work with the TP-Link Deco M5 and created a new monitor:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/6a508f5ea788dc045feb5ba5cde4b91ff6... 

For those with a Deco M5 system (with firmware newer than 1.5), to enable WAN pings:

1. In app, choose More on bottom nav

2. Choose Advanced

3. Select IPv4

4. Under WAN, set 'Ignore Ping from WAN' to off

You're welcome. 

^Martin