Menu
Klax30
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV error code C218

Hi. Has anyone had an issue with tv error code c218. My TiVo box keeps losing connection with the router. It won’t re connect without rebooting the router. Not a problem once or twice, but starting to get a bit annoying now as it’s happening all the time. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV error code C218

Very similar errors (C217 & C219) are connectivity related. Which box do you have? Is it a TiVo or V6? If you're not sure... check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Klax30
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s a V6. But it’s not just the V6 box that randomly gets kicked and won’t reconnect, it happens with the Xbox and phones as well

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropping

@Klax30 wrote:

It’s a V6. But it’s not just the V6 box that randomly gets kicked and won’t reconnect, it happens with the Xbox and phones as well

@Klax30 

In which case this sounds like an issue with your home WiFi rather than a V6-specific issue.

I've moved this thread to the WiFi forum & changed the title, to hopefully get you some help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How is the V6 connected to the router?  Wired or Wireless?

Is it affecting all devices in the home or just the ones you've mentioned?

Can you try with a wired connection?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos