Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Control app almost working, but not quite

I'm trying to use my iPhone to watch programmes that were recorded on my V6 box.

I have the TV Control app on my iPhone, and have used it before. My phone connects to my wifi network OK. The app shows all the recorded programmes from the V6 box. 

When I click 'Watch Now'> 'On iPhone', the message "unable to watch" appears. When I click on the warning message it shows "Out-of-home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV box".

When I click on the Info icon it says " Home Network Required. The selected Virgin TV box was not found on the current network. Make sure you are connected to the same network as your Virgin TV box."

What's perplexing is that the recorded programmes ARE showing in my iPhone, so I appear to be connected somehow.

If it helps, my V6 is connected to my Hub via ethernet cable and is plugged into socket number 4.

Many thanks

Dale

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app almost working, but not quite

Reinstall the app

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've tried that, and restarting the phone but to no avail.

Dale

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaleW1, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry you are having this issue - can you confirm if this is still the case at the moment? I can appreciate it is not ideal. Have you been able to use the app before? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Still not working.

I've checked the router web address and it shows that my phone and the V6 box are connected to the Hub.

I have previously been able to use my iPhone to watch recorded shows.

Thanks

Dale

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that this issue hasn't been resolved yet @DaleW1.

Do you get the error message for every recording or is it just programmes from certain channels that you cannot view or is it all the recorded content from various channels that you cannot watch?

Which version of the app and which phone operating system are you using?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm pleased to say that the app is working now on most of the channels I've tried. I didn't make any changes - I just opened the app and it connected.

Thanks

Dale

0 Kudos