Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

THE FKNG wifi/broadband

How poor is this service seriously? i reported a fault with an intermittent wifi connection over a week ago now and its been the same ever since, Virgin have been supposedly monitoring it but iv heard nothing back.

The wifi cant keep a solid connection for longer than 5 minutes, i have tried to get in touch with someone today to be met by being on hold for 1hr20mins to then just be cut off before getting to speak to anybody. 

The service USED to be good and not faulty, these days its absolutely crap - can never get through to speak to anybody and constantly get fobbed off when you eventually do! 

I have been through everything twice over, resetting the hub turning it on/off all the usual crap they ask you to do as if you are an idiot and havent already tried these things, what the heck am i supposed to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: THE FKNG wifi/broadband

do you mean just the WIFI is unstable or the actual internet connection?
does it work fine when connected via ethernet?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What are your wired speeds and connectivity like?

Wifi is not part of your contract and as such isn’t covered under the speed guarantee. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM in the dog house with their wifi you think you can do better then get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@legacy1 wrote:
VM in the dog house with their wifi you think you can do better then get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

can always rely on you to pop up with your standard answer to everything - although at least you've changed the text from your usual copy/paste response

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@spgray wrote:

@legacy1 wrote:

can always rely on you to pop up with your standard answer to everything - although at least you've changed the text from your usual copy/paste response

I never copy and paste😊

---------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi iamneallyons,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you've been having. 

I have taken a look on our side and can see that an engineer is required for this. 

I will private message you to help get this arranged. 

^Martin

0 Kudos