Menu
chrisjames
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TCP Port Query

I recently had an email from Virgin stating they had improved my Hub 3 (at no extra cost!) and I should now have a more efficient wi-fi.  This seems to have coincided with a new message that comes up when I run the Network Diagnostics on both my V6 boxes. Under Port Configuration Test it reads "Failed" and then "The Ports listed below need to be opened on your router. Review your router manual or contact your ISP" The TCP Ports are 80,8080,80(again!),7287,7288,8081.  Do I need to do anything to rectify this "failure", and if so, how, as all the ports on my router are left blank when I look at the setting? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TCP Port Query

Bad message, no ports need opening for a V6. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
chrisjames
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tudor but wonder am I the only one who gets "FAILED" when the V6 runs the TCP Port check via the Network Diagnostics menu?
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Them ports should be outgoing below is a check but the problem might be to the V6 server

port 80

port 8080

port 7287

port 7288

port 8081

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@chrisjames wrote:
Thanks Tudor but wonder am I the only one who gets "FAILED" when the V6 runs the TCP Port check via the Network Diagnostics menu?

maybe factory reset the tivo box? (this will result in any recordings etc.. being deleted).. before doing that, it might be worth posting on the v6 forum - see if anyone else has had a similar issue..

by default, the hub doesn't block any ports outbound from your LAN - it will pass all traffic from something on your LAN out to the internet.. so this feels more likely to be an issue with the v6 than the network itself..  infact, I'm not even sure if the hub has the ability to block outbound traffic (don't use one as a router, so can't check) so it's not even something that you could have accidentally set up incorrectly... 

0 Kudos