cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3 timeouts and packet loss

andrewpieri
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've been having low level intermittent packet loss and brief interruptions I think being caused regular T3 timeouts (multiple daily).

I contacted support last week who after a very protracted conversation checked and advised that there was a known network issue (ref to T3 timeouts) that was being looked into and was planned to be resolved today (13-Nov). This issue was not shown in the VM mobile app, so as a customer I was completely unaware.

Is anyone on the forum team able to advise if this problem has been resolved, since still seeing T3 timeouts. The ticket reference is F011008612.

Thanks for your help

7 REPLIES 7

andrewpieri
On our wavelength

Morning

Any update on this would be really appreciated. My Hub is just rebooting randomly (Cable Modem Reboot because of - unknown) and looks like T3s in the lead up to.

Thanks

Hi andrewpieri,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you have been facing intermittent drops in your connection which is causing packet loss, I was able to locate you with the details we have for you and cannot see any issue, I can see your Router is in Modem mode indicating a 3rd party Router, please put our Router back in Router mode and remove yours so we can see if the issues still occur.

Regards

Paul.

andrewpieri
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

Thanks for coming back.

Issue is intermittent, but at least router reboots seem to have eased up. Will let you know over the next few days when put back into router mode. WFH most days and need the extra coverage my separate router provides, so a little tricky.

Appreciate your help, back to you soon.

Andrew

andrewpieri
On our wavelength

Morning Paul,

Switched to router mode, very long ethernet cable deployed. More T3 timeouts and US Profile events in log overnight (although no reboot), plus some low level packet loss. At one point upload speeds were severely impacted, but looks like normal speed back (100Mbs). Not sure if will be able to spot anything, like I said very intermittent.

Thanks for your help 

Andrew

andrewpieri
On our wavelength

Hi

Just to say reverted back to modem mode (sure you’re very busy). Not sure what’s changed but the last day and half have been very stable, no issues and hardly any packet drops. Will monitor for the next few days, hopefully stays the same.

Thanks

andrewpieri
On our wavelength

Sorry, but still seeing upstream profile change errors on a pretty regular basis (alongside low-level packet loss), but more importantly seeing errors reporting 16 consecutive T3 timeouts causing brief but complete outages.

When reboot router see the following errors (Power in excess of 6dB below the value...), is this normal or could this be related to outages?

Thanks for any advice /support

28-12-2023 22:06:39noticeREGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status
28-12-2023 22:06:34warningRNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2023 22:06:33criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2023 22:06:32noticeUS profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 12; Previous Profile: 13; New Profile: 11 13.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2023 22:06:32warningRNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2023 22:06:27noticeDS profile assignment change. DS Chan ID: 32; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 1 2 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2023 22:06:24noticeTLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2023 22:06:21warningDHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2023 22:06:19noticeHonoring MDD; IP provisioning mode = IPv4
28-12-2023 22:06:08criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
28-12-2023 22:06:07criticalCable Modem Reboot because of - HW or Power-On Reset

Hi andrewpieri

Happy New Year! 

Sorry to see you're experiencing further issues with your connection. I've had a look this end and quite a few of your power levels are out of spec, so we will need to arrange an engineer visit so the issue can be rectified. 

I've dropped you a private message so I can book this with you.

Thanks,

Beth