Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sync issues with wifi and booster not working.

Hi, I have 3 boosters and can't get them to sync or copy the data over. I can get the two larger ones to offer wifi separately with different names starting with VMP then the numbers. I've followed the instructions twice and also had some technical help over the phone and I can't get them to all sync up, I also can't get anything at all coming from the smaller booster. Any advice? I just want our devices to connect to the strongest wifi and not constantly have to manually select the wifi booster to connect to, and also not sure why the smaller one isn't working at all. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sync issues with wifi and booster not working.

The smaller one is the one that wires to the hub and doesn’t emit any Wi-Fi broadcast. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that! I got everything set up, the only issue I'm not having is the devices won't automatically connect to strongest booster. I'm still having all 3 boosters appear in my wifi bar (pic attached). I thought by holding down the WPS it was supposed to all sync up? That doesn't seem to have happened even though I followed the steps and the lights did what the instructions say they would do. Any thoughts?  

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 15.47.30.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You’ll need to login to each booster and manually change the name and password to match the hubs broadcast

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Great. What site do I do that on and is the hubs broadcast written on the back of the small wired booster that's connected to the hub? Thanks again, I appreciate your help! Nearly there 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You’ll need to get the IP address of each booster from the “connected devices” page of the hub. Then go to each IP and login with the password in the back of each booster 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Gary, I'm not quite understanding. Where do I find the "connected devices" page of the hub? Is that an online webpage?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Jonnycarr88 wrote:

Sorry Gary, I'm not quite understanding. Where do I find the "connected devices" page of the hub? Is that an online webpage?

Yes. Login to the hubs admin page (192.168.0.1)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gary. Getting there, one of them copied the settings over all good. However, one of them came up with the following error message (attached) "WPS settings copying procedure failed. You can retry now, or try again later."

Any ideas why?

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 17.31.31.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also, the booster that didn't transfer the settings over ok has both the white power light and the green wifi light flashing. Not sure if that helps diagnose it. 

0 Kudos