Menu
Lovebug99
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sure Signal on Vodafone

Hello All

My sure signal stopped working about 7 days ago.

I have called Vodafone who said it was a network timing protocol and to speak to my ISP.

I have checked all the settings on the router and done a test which seems to be OK.

I have spoken to Virgin media after waiting for about 3 hours an they said they would reset my WIFI and boost my service.  They said this should fix it although I was not confident the engineer knew what he was talking about.

This has still not worked.

There a lot of other posts on this board with the same problem.

I do not get any service at home for my mobile unless I use Sure Signal.

Come on Virgin Media can we have a solution please 

Thank you

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sure Signal on Vodafone

Doesn't your mobile do WiFi calling which would mean you don't need the suresignal box? 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

With such a flurry of posts about the Vodafone Sure Signal I reckon there is a discrepancy between the VM time and the Vodafone time, and with it only seemingly affecting Vodafone I reckon the problem is with their Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Smudger1
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

SORT IT OUT VIRGIN 2 weeks with no signal

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Smudger1 wrote:

SORT IT OUT VIRGIN 2 weeks with no signal

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

How do you not know this isn’t Vodafone’s issue?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Did you even TRY to enable WiFi calling in your phone? 

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Well-informed
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

WiFi calling is the way forward (especially when Vodafone switch off Sure Signal).

Even some of the MVNOs support it now (Virgin Mobile being one of them).

0 Kudos
Curti007
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Wifi calling is an awful alternative, I have no bars but one outside my house which means our mobiles get a wiff of a signal so wifi calling doesn't work and calling and texting don't get through, I have read on here that most people are experiencing similar that's why they have a sure signal. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Does that little VF box in your house give you a decent signal outside or is it just an indoors thing ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Curti007 wrote:

Wifi calling is an awful alternative, I have no bars but one outside my house which means our mobiles get a wiff of a signal so wifi calling doesn't work and calling and texting don't get through, I have read on here that most people are experiencing similar that's why they have a sure signal. 

My wife gets texts and calls no problem through wifi calling on vodafone, i'd suggest you do some troubleshooting with vodafone

0 Kudos