cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub5 DCHP IP Lease

roastspud
On our wavelength

Having the same problems! Really frustrating. I have 28 devices connected so im having to factory reset every couple of weeks to fix this. The factory reset doesn’t always work first time either..

Are you able to change any if the wifi settings (SSID, Channel etc)? I find nothing will connect if i do that..

14 REPLIES 14

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced roastspud,

Welcome back to the community.

Can I ask regarding this matter are you experiencing issues with a wired connection.

Also are the devices not connecting in general?

Regards,

Kain

Client62
Legend

Another report of modifying the Hub 5's SSIDs caused its WI-FI and DHCP to fail.

The Hub 5 issues that you have hit are 2 years old, and common.

Putting the Hub 5 into Modem mode with a 3rd party Wi-Fi Router would give a system that is stable and can be configured as desired.   If a Hub 5 is issued to us this is what we will do.

I'm having the same issue after Hub5 installed yesterday.   It is VERY difficult especially with Nest products to reconnect them to wifi using the new, default, SSID.   Solution seems to be to spend several hundred pounds on third party hardware to get the Virgin hardware to work and I find this totally unacceptable.  Can we have a solution please from Virgin ASAP

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Madelvic wrote:

Can we have a solution please from Virgin ASAP

Sure! the solution is for VM to stop doing router mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Madelvic, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

We don't actually guarantee our products to work with any 3rd products and when they do we can't promise they will work well together. 

I have taken a look and I can see you've also spoke to the team about this, I hope they managed to help? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@Matthew_ML wrote:

We don't actually guarantee our products to work with any 3rd products and when they do we can't promise they will work well together. 

So you can't guarantee any PC will work?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey legacy1, thank you for reaching out and we don't guarantee our equipment to work with any 3rd party equipment, if you need pods I would recommend using Virgin Medias WIFI pods for example. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matt

I don't have any 3rd party wifi products!   I simply want my iPhone and other devices, that have worked perfectly well all their life, to be able to connect to your wifi!  It's not a big ask.

I will say I'm VERY disillusioned with Virgin. Contract is up this month (and I've been offered 4 wildly different costs to continue) 

Nest products count as 3rd party the pods was just an example sorry.

I would try using the hub5 without the Nest products to see what you get.

I have taken a look at our site and everything is look fine connection wise. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?