Menu
matt_jd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Superhub3 - modem mode

Hi 

I have a Homehub 3 and have recently purchased an Asus RT-AX56U WIFI 6 AX18000 Dual Band Router to take over the Wifi responsibilities.

To try and migrate the Wifi to the Asus router I've performed steps (and a great many variations 😫 😞

• a factory reset on the Hub3
  • removed all of the network cables from ports 1-4
  • connected the Asus router via Port 1
  • put the Hib 3 into modem mode
  • turned the Hub 3 off, waited a few minutes turned on and waited around 10 minutes
  • The light on the Hub3 is now Magenta, not red

The Asus shows as disconnected even though its not and during the Hub 3 bootup this message changed to reflect that the Hub was offline.

I cannot connect to the internet via the Asus router and cannot connect to the Hub3 via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 when connecting a Win10 laptop to either the Asus or Hub 3 via an eithernet connection.

Any help resolving this would be gratfully received

Thanks in advance

Matt

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3 - modem mode

Try this sequence...

Disconnect all cables from your new router (or Mesh first unit) and unplug it. Put the VM Hub into modem mode (see VM website for “how to” details) and wait for the base light to turn magenta/purple (on a Hub3 - but not on a Hub4!). Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router/Mesh with the WAN port set to be in DHCP & Nat mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable to the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. Use the recommended App to connect other Mesh units to the first one. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the above don't work try connecting a PC/laptop to the hub in modem mode power off for 2mins turn back on and let your PC/laptop get the internet (if needed unplug replug the Ethernet). then connect that PC/laptop to your router and log in go to internet /WAN settings and use the clone MAC option then connect your router to the hub and you should have internet.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
matt_jd
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks, i'll try this as soon as i've finished work 

0 Kudos