Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub2 2.4GHz Wifi looses internet and 5GHz LED not working

klamath
Tuning in

Hello,

Couple of strange "issues" that my VM Superhub2 exhibits:-

1) The LED that shows the 5GHz Wifi as "on" no longer lights, never.  All other LEDs light and the 5GHz radio is switched on and works.  Doing a reboot of the SH2 does *not* clear this fault nor does a factory reset.  LED just does not light!

2) After about 2-4 weeks the 2.4GHz Wifi no longer connects to the Internet.  Devices can still connect to the 2.4GHz Wifi and are given an IP address, however Internet just does not work for 2.4 GHz Wifi.  Sometimes the 5GHz Wifi does the same, however generally it keeps working even after the 2.4GHz Wifi no longer connects to the Internet.  Wired Ethernet connections to the SH2 are unaffected by this and just keep working, however sometimes everything just stops.  Doing a reboot of the SH2 clears this fault and the Internet over 2.4GHz Wifi starts working correctly, plus 5GHz and Ethernet if that also stopped working, for 2-4 weeks then the problems start again.

Is it time for a new SuperHub 2 router?

Thank-you.

5 REPLIES 5

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You won’t get a replacement SH2 - you’ll be issued a Hub3 or Hub4 most likely

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @klamath

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your 2.4ghz. 

I have ran some diagnostics from here & I can't see any issues on your connection. 

I can see that you spoke with our team on the 29/12, how are things looking since then? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak_M,

Thank-you for the reply it is appreciated.  Following the reboot of the router on 29-Dec I have not experience any further issues with the 2.4GHz Wifi, it has been quite stable which is good.  However the 5GHz LED is still not working despite the 5GHz Wifi working with no issues!

I've typically found that after 2-4 weeks Internet on the 2.4GHz Wifi drops out again and the router needs a reboot again to restore functional.

How do I go about requesting a replacement router please as this issue has been going on now for a least six months?

Thank-you.

So this morning (4th January) both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wifi "lost" Internet as per exactly what happened back on 29th December.  A reboot of the router cleared the issue, however a little concerning that the same issue appeared after only 6 calendar days rather than the usual 2-4 weeks.

How do I request a replacement router please?

Thank-you.

Hi klamath,

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing further issues with your connection. Before arranging an engineer visit or look into replacing the router, there are a few more checks we need to make before we do this. However I do appreciate that from what you've said so far, it's a possible hub issue due to the age.

Your hub is in modem mode currently - so we can continue running diagnostics, can you please pop back into router mode?

Many thanks

Beth

Beth