Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub v3 and mesh router options

Hi, I have a  Draytek 2860 router, the VM v3 hub, and the 500mb internet speed from VM.  It appears my Draytek router is now old tech and creating a bottleneck, as if i have the hub in modem mode, the draytech (acting as the router) is only pushing out ~210mb down via ethernet, ~70 over wireless.  The hub in router mode (no Draytek involved)  will allow 550mb over both ethernet and wifi right thru my house.  

I needed the Draytek as my home automation system is accessed via an IP address, and with the v3 alone, this IP address is not accessible - unless i can change the IP address of the v3 - but each time i try in the DCHP section of the v3 settings, it will not accept any change to the 3rd and/or 4th octet. So i assume VM have locked this down? (if not, how can i get the applied changes to stick?)

Thus, what are the current options out there that i can look at to replace the Draytek, but allow me to see the speed im paying for?  Does the Google Nest/TP Link Deco M4/Nokia Beacon fit? or do they have limiters that is also going to choke my speed?  

Thanks for any advices..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub v3 and mesh router options

Change the hub LAN IP to 192.168.255.1 and save.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok that 'worked' in that it held the change, and updated the IP address.  But, i still am unable to access 192.168.x.xx, my home automation page..

Is that because the it's outside of the 'range' that the IP address now has?

I then tried to change from 255.1 to 1.1 and hit the same error message i was getting earlier. Just seems to hate that number..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That 'worked' in that the IP change was applied, but it still hasn't allowed me to access my home automation page.

Is this because the new IP I have just applied is putting my HA page outside the range, as it is 192.168.x.xx ?

Out of curiosity i tried to change the lan IP from 255.1 to 1.1 and that didn't work.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think you need the WAN2 port to be set to dynamic IP and to obtain an IP address automatically.

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-ethernetwan 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For some reason my replies on this post are not publishing. 3rd attempt;

@ Roger, the Draytek is out of the equation now, as it cannot deliver more than 300mb, and i've got a 550mb connection.

@ Alessandro, That worked, thanks. But I still cannot access my home automation page. Is that because it's IP is 192.168.x.xx, and the LAN IP is now .255.1, so the HA page is sitting outside the IP range?  Out of curiosity i changed the LAN IP from .255.1, to .1.1, but it still wouldn't save down, so its back at .255.1 - what's so special about that number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@xmyass wrote:

@ Alessandro, That worked, thanks. But I still cannot access my home automation page. Is that because it's IP is 192.168.x.xx, and the LAN IP is now .255.1, so the HA page is sitting outside the IP range?  Out of curiosity i changed the LAN IP from .255.1, to .1.1, but it still wouldn't save down, so its back at .255.1 - what's so special about that number?

VM decided 192.168.1.1 is reserved for guest network.

---------------------------------------------------------------