cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 5 Problems

apwebb
Tuning in

Hi. We upgraded to a Superhub 5 from a 3 and have had constant problems. We also have a pod which was previously connected to the hub 3.

1) The VM connect app reports conflicting settings but is unable to correct them. The Hub 5 reports ethernet and WiFi issues but doesn't say how to correct them. This is after a full reset of the hub 5. The pod doesn't have a power button anywhere.

2) I used to get 300mbit reliably on my ethernet connected devices through a gigabit switch. Now they are connecting to my switch at gigabit speed but the hub 5 is reporting 100mbit connections and the devices speed test three slower than they used to. Literally nothing has changed except the hub 3 to 5.

Any ideas ?

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

1) VM Pods are paired to one Hub. If the Hub is replaced the existing VM Pods are all orphaned. The pods need to be replaced or re-paired to the new Hub by VM.

2)  Suspect the cable from the Hub 5 to the Gigabit switch has gone out of spec and causing the connection to de-rate from 1000Mb/s to 100Mb/s.  Try a new CAT6a cable.  Avoid shielded cables.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

1) VM Pods are paired to one Hub. If the Hub is replaced the existing VM Pods are all orphaned. The pods need to be replaced or re-paired to the new Hub by VM.

2)  Suspect the cable from the Hub 5 to the Gigabit switch has gone out of spec and causing the connection to de-rate from 1000Mb/s to 100Mb/s.  Try a new CAT6a cable.  Avoid shielded cables.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the pods since the new hub.

I can see Client62 has offered some great advice, have you been able to try what he's suggested?

Alex_Rm

Client62
Legend

@Alex_RM  what about you sorting out the customer's now non functional VM Pods ????

Thanks. After two full resets and making sure everything was unplugged and turned off, the pod has repaired itself and is working. I paired it while on default settings and then reset the SSID and password when the pod was showing as connected.

I suspect you're right about the cable. Maybe the hub 3 coped ok and the hub 5 is fussier. I've ordered a new one and will give that a go.

My hub still reports ethernet and WiFi errors when I run the diagnostics on the web interface, but doesn't say what the errors are. Other than the slow ethernet issue, WiFi and connections seem ok now.

Client62
Legend

How did you pair the VM Pod to the new Hub 5 ? 

I'm not entirely sure. I tried activating WPS but not convinced that actually did anything. We did have an engineer deliver the hub so maybe they paired it, but they left before I had reset the WiFi SSID. I turned all the kit off including the pod, did a clean factory reset setup accepting the default WiFi SSID then turned on the pod. When it had settled, I changed the SSID to my usual and the hub and pod all accepted that change.

Good advice all round. A new cat6 cable restored full speed to my switch and cabled devices.