cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 5 Guest Network Bug

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

Hello I installed my 3rd pod today and noticed a bug either with the superhub 5 or virgin connect app.

Few weeks ago I received my virgin hub 5 and I noticed that the guest network was turned on I turn it off in the virgin connect app and it turns it self back on every single time.

Today when I installed my 3rd pod and I noticed the guest network is turned on while I'm in the virgin connect app.

I click disable and this then turned off my Wi-Fi completely not just the guest but my Wi-Fi network, at first I thought I messed up setting up the pod. After a few hours with the Wi-Fi still down I go on to my pc which is connected to the superhub 5 via ethernet and within the routers setting it said the Wi-Fi is off.

The only way to turn back on the Wi-Fi is to change the password, I just use the same one and the whole Wi-Fi comes back and the guest network along with it.

Someone please help I only want to be broadcasting my 1 Wi-Fi network not some guest network also.

------------------------------------------------------------

My services: Ultimate Volt bundle
TV: Kids Pick, Maxit TV, Sky Sports UHD, Cinema & Entertainment 4K, 1x 360 Box, 2x 360 Mini Box, Netflix Premium, Disney+
Broadband: Volt Gig1, SH5 + 3 Pods.
Phone: Talk More Anytime, Mobile: 4x 02 Sims + Volt Benefits.
18 REPLIES 18

Client62
Hero

VM Connect app is a very flaky product.

You might have more success configuring the WiFi via the Hub 5's menus at http://192.168.0.1/    ( hub password is on a sticker )

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

I do also use that but I'm also reporting a bug

TV: Kids Pick, Maxit TV, Sky Sports UHD, Cinema & Entertainment 4K, 1x 360 Box, 2x 360 Mini Box, Netflix Premium, Disney+

Hi PIXX3L5,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the hub, so I can take a closer look I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You shall accept guests🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

NO! NEVER.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Well in that case use modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message PIXX3L5.

I've arranged an engineer visit for you, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

I don't need an engineer. Did you not read what I said. Cancel the appointment please. I was reporting your rubbish software.

hswilson
On our wavelength

Just chipping in to add that I can confirm this strange behaviour.

I have recently got my first pod. 

The Connect app says that the guest wifi is 'live' and broadcasting from the Hub only.

The hub's interface claims that the guest wi-fi is 'off'.

Wi-fi analyser software cannot see the guest wifi SSID but CAN see a *hidden* network being transmitted from the hub.

Choosing to turn off the 'guest wifi' using the connect app results in all wifi-radios on the hub being turned off and blocked from being turned back on (greyed out in hub GUI). Cannot turn the guest wifi off from the hub as it claims it's already off.

I haven't tried the password change trick, but it might come in handy. The only way I've found to get the Hub radios to come back to life is a full reset-pin job. I've done 3 times tonight trying to troubleshoot 🙂

It's working currently (Connect App claims Guest is on, Hub claims it is off) everything seems to be working and I daren't annoy the family by dropping all their connections again for a few days, so I'm hoping it stays how it is.