Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 4 router ip opens up 'connect box'

I was gaming tonight with my ping being erratic which doesn't happen. Confirmed that my computer and everyone else in the house wasn't downloading anything. I went to the ip (http://192.168.0.1/) of the superhub to see if anything was up but it wasn't taking my password at all so i restarted the hub from the switch at the back and waited for it to boot and went back to the router settings and was greeted with this unfamiliar router page! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 4 router ip opens up 'connect box'

That is the welcome screen after a factory reset.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

IRe: Superhub 4 router ip opens up 'connect box'

How did it factory reset from just turning it off from the switch!?!?!

I would also assume it'd revert the SSID back to default but that hasn't changed from what i set it to. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's normal.  The Hub 4 is known as the Connect Box by other companies in the group.  Whilst you don't get the fancy photo, you have to select your language in a similar dialogue if you reset a Hub 3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reboot the hub. You won’t be able to login with that and you’ll be stuck in an endless loop. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos