Menu
Treble1
Superfast
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 4 purchase

After receiving the superpods as part of the trial, I feel I really want the best equipment subjective I know I can get

so can I purchase the superhub 4 I know it’s supposedly only part of the 1 GB but I do know that plenty others do have it with slower speeds ,I don’t mind Paying a fee as I was looking at eBay anyway thanks

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 4 purchase

dont buy one on ebay, it won't work.

VM are supplying hub4's to some people who live in heavily congested, docsis 3.1 areas (and obviously to those who are on the gig package).

As far as I know, there is no way to buy one / request one - it's gig or invite-only at the moment.

0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I keep getting told it won’t work but I know buyers who have bought one of eBay and added it no problem I’m willing to take the risk 

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

If you dont mind paying a fee to get better Wi-Fi.. don't waste it on Virgin Wi-Fi pods and hub4.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Let's deal with this straightforwardly.

You cannot use any Hub equipment on your VM connection that VM don't supply. If you get a Hub by buying it from the back of a barrow VM will refuse to activate it. And if you do buy a Hub 4 like this you will will be liable to prosecution for handling stolen goods. No one has the right to sell VM equipment like this and you should not be buying it either. 

The only people that have a SH4 and who do not have the Gig1 service are those in areas or in cases where the service is congested and the SH4 has been deployed to help relieve that issue because it can take advantage of more channels than the SH3.

There is another point.  For the moment the second generation of VM wifi pods are not available. They are out of stock. And there is also the issue that for a temporary period there is an issue preventing them from working with the SH4. VM are resolving this.

So all in all, you can't have what you want the way you plan to get it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Treble1 wrote:

I keep getting told it won’t work but I know buyers who have bought one of eBay and added it no problem I’m willing to take the risk 

ok, good luck, be sure to let us know how it goes 🙂

Treble1
Superfast
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I already have a superpod and one on it’s way so I’m curiosity bound to try the hub 4 lol I have the ASUs xt8 mesh as back up anyway lol

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

This should be fun. If VM discover this they will simply disconnect your service for a serious breach of the contract. And they will never reconnect you again. Take all the risks you want. But don't be surprised or moan when they backfire.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You know and I know that will never happen but I will take what comes I never moan what will be will be 

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

TBH  I  understand the OP 😊

There is certain satisfaction of knowing you have the latest hardware.. bit like telling your mate you have the latest Iphone ( err I have old Galaxy S8+)

But if you really want to spend(waste) your money I seen them sell for about £150 to £200.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.