Menu
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 4 all problems

Last week I receive a brand new SH4  I didn't set it up as easter weekend and time restraint today on Thursday eve my internet went down with a message permission denied...friday morn I get a text stating my New job is now activated, I didn't request it at that time. So I fitted up the new one..I have now been trying to set it up for hours 4 resets re connecting my smart plugs and it is hopefully working except it will not reach some devices which worked fine, can I increase the range using channel settings as when tested the device it told me I had a poor signal..also when I change settings ie  Turning off the 5 ghz so I can connect smart plugs it will sit for ages trying to update settings just frozen..also twice it has reverted back to factory settings by itself, a pain as I have both bandwidths on separate connections so I can split my devices      so is it faulty should I go back toy SH 3  sort this is long winded

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 4 all problems

Put the Hub3 back on and see if it works.

If it does then the Hub4 hasnt been activated onto your account yet call 0800 953 9500. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

If it doesnt connect then The Hub4 may have been activated as the Hub3 will be de-activated at the same time - so try a pinhole reset to see if it kicks the Hub4 into life.

First make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all I have been trying all sorts...i have done the restart via the pin hole several times I have allocated the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands their own passwords easier to separate devices    I have contacted VM and reactivated the hub (I can't us the hub 3 as it's been disconnected and registered    I have tried 2 different smart plugs 2 different phones and 2 different apps...I did speak to VM tech help   but could not understand them  (accent) except the would charge me. I am thinking of asking for a hub 3 instead off the 4

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello @ukmartian,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues you are having so far.

I would love to be able to help you today, I will send you a private message so I can investigate this further.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you talking to me in private @ukmartian,

I am glad that we have found this issue and got a plan to resolve it.

Please let me know how it goes with the engineer.

If you need anymore help you know where we are 🙂

Have a nice day!

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for talking to me in private messages @ukmartian.

I am glad that I have been able to arrange for an engineer to visit your home to hopefully find why this is happening and fix it.

Please do keep me updated with everything.

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

0 Kudos