Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 unusable

Over the past 6 months my superhub 3 has become increasingly unusable. When it was first installed it would lose connection around once a week for a few hours (reset would not cure it).  This has increased now to the point of dropping multiple times a day each lasting at least 2 hours before coming back.  

When it fails I cannot see the network name broadcast and a wired connection cannot ping 192.168.0.1.  Over the period of the failure I get periodic replies from the ping and sometimes see the network name broadcast. However if I connect to the router either by a browser to 192.168.0.1 or to the WiFi network I receive an ‘incorrect password’ message.   When the network finally fixed itself both methods of connection are successful proving the passwords are correct. 

We we have had placed multiple support calls and have had multiple engineers out (the last of which was earlier in the week and left the connection into the property in a horrific state).  No one has got to the root of the problem which as mentioned above is becoming increasingly more frequent.  It now seems the only fix would be to cancel the contract and go for a DSL based competitor.  

Any suggestions as to a possible issue?  Obviously when it is occurring I can’t connect to the router to perform diagnostics and have to rely on it eventually coming back   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 unusable

What do the lights on the front do when the connection drops?

Can you post your upstream and downstream power levels..

Go to 192.168.0.1

Do NOT LOG IN- Click router status

hub31.jpg

And post Downstream and Upstream levels..

shub32.png

And post your network logs too...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos