cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 green arrows lashing then solid green light then repeat

Simonmiller
Tuning in

Hi everyone,

I have my Superhub 3 set to modem mode and all has been working fine for a year or so. Then not long ago I got an email to say the Superhub had picked up a problem with devices on my network and it had changed their settings.

Two days ago my hub started doing the following:

• base light starts flashing green (from then on there is no internet connection available on any device)
  • internet icon (two arrows) then starts flashing green
  • after a while the arrows are no longer illuminated, then the green base light starts flashing again
  • and repeat

I have tried the following:

• checked connections and all seem ok
  • reboot (worked for a while then issue started again)
  • factory reset (same as above)
  • ran self help tests through Virgin website but am stuck in a loop after running all tests the only options is to click that problem is solved or to re-run tests 😣

After resetting the modem the connection seems to work fine for about five minutes - it may also be when my phone connects to wifi that the sequence above starts but that could just be co-incidence. Any help would be much appreciated as is it beginning to drive me round the bend a bit.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like the VM hub has no connection to the CMTS that’s at the other end of your cable. You need to phone customer services and report the fault.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the reply! It seems to have been working ok since lunchtime so will keep an eye out and if it happens again I'll give them a call.

Hey @Simonmiller,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm glad to hear that you're connection is more stable, how has this been since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

It does appear to have been working ok the last couple of days, and I haven't noticed the flashing light issue since.

I'll come back and post here again if it does start happening again if that's ok? Thanks for getting in touch!

Hi Simonmiller, 

Thanks for keeping us posted on this one 🙂

We're glad things seem to have been resolved. It sounds like there may have been a potential area fault affecting you which has now cleared. 

If of course the issue comes back then pop back here and we can run through some diagnostics with you to check on things further. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs