Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 compatible wifi extender with ethernet port

I want to connect my CCTV DVR to my superhub 3, the 2 are currently on opposite ends of the house so I don't want to do this via LAN.

I've come across wifi extenders that have ethernet ports in them (like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TP-Link-300-Mbps-Wall-Plug-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-Boostear-Ethernet-Port/26...

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet connection to wireless help

Reposting as Ive realised my original post was cut off:

I want to connect my CCTV DVR to my superhub 3, the 2 are currently on opposite ends of the house so I don't want to do this via ethernet.

Ive come across the attached:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TP-Link-300-Mbps-Wall-Plug-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-Boostear-Ethernet-Port/26...

Does anyone have experience of these kind of devices? If I understand it correctly I can connect my DVR to it via ethernet and then it will connect wirelessly to my superhub? obviously Im worried about compatibility issues with the superhub so if anyone can recommend something else Im open to suggestions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet connection to wireless help

VM do their own wifi boosters as they call them - if you have a hub3 and use the app they provide it will look for dead spots and they may supply the boosters for free - think that depends on what package you are on - if they are not free they can be got for £3 a month or there abouts which is a poor deal imo

as to the one you link to - dont know it so cannot comment

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

but does the booster have an ethernet port I can connect my DVR to? I thought they were just wifi boosters?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We also supply Wired Boosters @Mellaggan 🙂 

You can read more about our boosters here virg.in/boosterhelp

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie, this looks like what I need. Do I need to buy them as a pair or can I just connect my DVR to one via ethernet and then it connect to the router wirelessly? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They come as a pair - one pair will be one set 🙂 

You plug one booster near your hub and connect with an Ethernet cable that comes with the kit. Once paired, you would then place the other booster elsewhere in your property. You then connect an Ethernet cable from the Booster to your device and your device will now be online.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

fab, is there a link to where I can see a price and order them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just check whether VM are going to charge you a monthly fee (£3/mo?) as if they are it might make more sense to buy your own (better!) ones - see...

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/the-best-powerline-adaptors

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Mellaggan

If you download our free connect app; you can go through our checks and see if you qualify for a free booster (dependent on your package).

They can then be ordered via the app. Our Wired starter kit would be £2 if you are not eligible for the free booster kit. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos