Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 Wifi issues

I have a Superhub 3. When it was first installed it was fine. Now it seems to daily have bad wifi. It is very up and down. I reset it today and now things will only work properly in the same room. It seems to be getting worse. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 Wifi issues

Virgin Media do not supply a Superhub 3.

Perhaps you have the Hub 3, which depending on age, could be either white or black in colour.

WiFi performance, regardless of the router, is affected by many local issues.

Are you recording full speeds based on your current package when tested by a direct cable connection to the Hub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes sorry, it’s the hub 3. Yes full speed through ethernet. When resetting the hub it works fine for a bit then the range drops to only working when in the same room as the hub. Wifi any further then gets patchy and unpredictable. Turn it off and on again and it restores the range for a short while. Then it goes again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The best solution is to consider getting your own better quality wifi equipment ?

There are some tweaks you can do to the Hub3 settings that might help (disable channel optimisation & rename/separate the 2.4/5 GHz network SSID's).  Also, VM will supply "boosters" which if you qualify for the free ones are worth a go - if not they are £3/mo - and aren't.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I thought as much but just thought I’d chance my arm. I had Virgin Media years ago and ended up doing the same thing. New router, same problems. 

0 Kudos