cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 3 / Wifi Mode Turning Back on - Approx Weekly

rwittels
Joining in

Hi,

I keep turning off wifi via the hub login, as I have access points in my home. Approx weekly, wifi turns back on and starts causing issues with connected devices. I can log back in and switch if off, but it now seems to be a regular occurance and is a pain.

Is there a fix? 

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@rwittels wrote:

Hi,

I keep turning off wifi via the hub login, as I have access points in my home. Approx weekly, wifi turns back on and starts causing issues with connected devices. I can log back in and switch if off, but it now seems to be a regular occurance and is a pain.

Is there a fix? 

Unfortunately, the only real fix is the nuclear option of putting it into modem mode. That will disable the wifi completely, but also all of the routing and NAT functions so you would need to get your own router to act in conjunction with the access points.

Virgin Media have a WiFi policy for all Hub(3/4/5) in Router mode, it re-enables both bands and on some Hubs that occurs in less than a couple of hours.

We also have two WiFi access points and a Hub 3 in Router mode, using the settings below the Hub 3 provides a stable WiFi service that works correctly on both bands and does not clash with our access points.

Wireless Security

Client62_0-1680359554768.png

Wireless Signal

Client62_0-1678622112364.png