Menu
christopherliam
Joining in
Message 31 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 Wifi Issues

i only joined Virgin media, i got the hub 3, moved from BT. 

Started noticing things buffering, when im on the biggest speed bundle. Checked router, shows up everything connected and ok.

There appears to be fault with the router, it disconnects its wifi signals but leaves no traces that it has done, which is why VM dont have a clue about it.

i also tried unplugging my booster Ethernet plug, to my surprise the signal worked again, but it still keeps randomly dropping off after awhile 

its beginning to irritate me tbh. 2019 and VM cant supply a good enough router!, 

Might invest in a Netgear router, cant be dealing with this.

the VM boosters are manufactured by Netgear, but the routers are manufactured by Arris. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi christopherliam,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear of the broadband issues.

I've ran a health check in the background and everything does seem fine. Is it only dropping the connection on WiFi?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
clubsceneuk2
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 33
Flag for a moderator

sorry for teh late reply. The answer is always nothing wrong with the hub three when in fact the hub three is the worst device virgin have offered. Set it to modem mode and get yourself another router. Its an additional piece of kit but will save you so much grief. Thats what i did and since doing that its been great.

0 Kudos