Menu
invictor23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 - Red light intermittent wifi

Hi,

For the last 6-8 weeks or so the white power light on my superhub 3 has progressively moved towards a deep shade of red - now at best you get is a light red colour - often completely red. I have read that this means the hub is overheating, and have tried all of the available online help such as rebooting and factory resets of the hub - the red light remains.

About 4 weeks the the intermittent wifi began. You can be right next to the router itself and sometimes the wifi signal (whilst being there) would just not work. Now into the stage where at least some point daily we have to switch to mobile data to use mobile devices for periods of time before trying to rejoin the wifi to use it (with sometimes success, sometimes none!). We have a couple of wired connections which don't have any issues what so ever.

Called Virgin this morning and after several attempts spent 30 mins on the phone to a nice colleague - through the call we talked about how the hub was approx 5 years old, could be overheating, all of the above issues - she informed me that after running the tests everything is fine and no issues with the superhub and it could be the lay out of my furniture. Well there obviously is an issue because that's why I'm on the phone - and my furniture lay out hasn't changed at all in 5 years (boring I know!)

Was advised to follow the same advice as above or rebooting/resetting and to monitor the situation (which I have done numerous times) - this hasn't fixed the problem at all...

Can someone from the Virgin tech community look into this? Surely a replacement superhub would be the first port of call here to try and fix the issue? There is an issue with the wifi signal which the tests on the device clearly haven't picked up - why is the power light red indicating overheating if there is no issue?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 3 - Red light intermittent wifi

Sounds like a new hub is required, a staff member should be along shortly to help arrange a replacement.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi invictor23,

Welcome back to the forums, thank you for posting.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble with your hub overheating and weren't able to get some help with this when you called us, that it most disappointing. 

I've been able to find your account and our systems do not flag up any issues at all which strange, however I have now arranged for a new hub to be sent out to you in the post. Please allow around 3-5 working days for the delivery.

If you need anything else, just give us a shout from here. We're always more than happy to help.

Let us know how things go with the new hub.

Beth

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks @Beth_G

Great work 🙂

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
invictor23
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Beth_G and @JitteryPinger for your help - really is appreciated