Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 Password issue

On Tuesday night around midnight my broadband went down. When it came back on around half an hour later I couldn't connect any device via wifi as it said my password was incorrect. I tried it again wednesday when I got home from work after a reboot and still had the same issue. Today I did a 30 second reset. Despite the SSID returning to the default, when entering the default password it says that is incorrect. tried another Reboot an reset and still the same issue.

Any ideas

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 Password issue

Do a 60 second pinhole reset.

Then login to the admin page and change the passwords. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary,

Tried 60 sec reset. Partially successful. My phone connected automatically, as did my laptop and my connect app now shows the default SSID and password. I can use that password to connect other devices. However when I try to access the router settings it is saying the password is incorrect 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Using the admin password stickered on the bottom of the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had the same this morning. Broadband went down at midnight, came back up this morning around 6ish and nothing would connect to the wifi.

evey device said the password was wrong. I connected a cable and logged in to my superhub 3, the wifi password in the interface remained unchanged, but evey wifi device in the house told me that the password was wrong.

I changed the password to something different, my laptop and phone could connect with the new password, then changed it back to its original password and everything else came back online.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes using the one on the bottom of the hub.

I can now connect devices to the hub using it but cannot log into the hub itself with it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try another 60 second reset. Sometimes it needs doing a couple of times

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There are two passwords ...

Wi-Fi - to connect to the Hub Wi-Fi broadcasts,

Settings - to get into the Hub management area.

Hub-3-Password

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo