I have a TP Link M4, however I have been un-successful in setting this up when the Super hub is in modem mode. I have tried all 4 ports and it still doesn't work. I have gone through the set up process and selected Dynamic IP (I believe this is correct) and selected the default MAC address (rather than the manual option). Can anyone shed any light as to why this won't work?
Just checking - did you follow this sequence? ----- Put the VM hub into modem mode (see VM website for details) and wait for the base light to turn magenta. Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off. Then, set up your own router with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable into the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and leave a few minutes and you should get a connection. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect your own router to the VM hub.
-------------------- John --------------------
My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Hi A couple of notes on your instructions which are great by the way.
1) The light on my Superhub 3 was more red than magenta. May be there are variances in build.
2) There was an outage in my area which prevented it from working when i first tried it and confused me.
3) The ORBI SRR60 comes with a phone wizard set up app on a phone is good to use to set up the Hub and satellite but i abandoned it for the Superhub connection.
4) After I has got the ORBI to talk to its satellite I followed your instructions and they worked. I did the rest of the ORBI config using a browser to the ORBI management console. A point to note is the Superhub displays a steady solid red (magenta) bar light when all is working.
5) The WiFi is transformed and rock solid with better throughput.