Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 Ethernet Speueds

I put the hub in modem mode, connected my laptop and I've got nothing. Cant get to the hub to change the settings, cant do a speed test, nothing. How do I reset the hub back now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

192.168.100.1 should get you in or a full reset

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

After switching everything off and back on twice, I finally managed to get a speed reading in Modem mode on the laptop.  Just the same, 200mpbs+.  I've tried different ports for the pc, speeds are always around 80mpbs.  Photo below showing the back of the pc, solid green light and flashing amber light.  Not entirely sure what that means.  I've also attached a short video of the hub ports showing the lights, pc is in port 3 at the bottom.  Any ideas?  I should reiterate I was getting 200+ mpbs on the pc before I changed the hub.

pc.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

looking at the pc you have a wifi card in it or thats what it looks like - are you sure its not reverted to wifi rather than the wired connection you also have - can you turn off wifi on the pc

you may have done that if the speed tests on the pc were done with the hub in modem mode

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it did, but I've switched off the wifi on the pc and done another test, slightly slower than before, 74mpbs. This was connected in router mode, I work from home so I can't keep switching between modem and router.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

lets just put it down in one post

you have tested a laptop with the hub in modem mode and got 200 - with a pc that previously got 200 you now get 80 or thereabouts again with the hub in modem mode

if thats as it is then i can only see it being a lan cable - did you use the same lan cable for both tests - if so that rules that out so if its not a lan cable its the pc

a setting - maybe the card is set to 10/100 - a faulty plug on the lan card or a browser problem [maybe] or even a virus or some other software - test the pc with it in safe mode

bottom line [for me] is that the laptop gives 200 - that says VM are not at fault here

Tony
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I didn't use the same cable, that's a bit awkward due to the layout. I can try and change the cable, but as it's the same cable I was using before it's unusual that it would become faulty in some way simply because I've unplugged it from one router and attached it to a different one. But, I will try and find the time to follow up on your suggestions and I'll let you know.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

lets just put it down in one post

you have tested a laptop with the hub in modem mode and got 200 - with a pc that previously got 200 you now get 80 or thereabouts again with the hub in modem mode

if thats as it is then i can only see it being a lan cable - did you use the same lan cable for both tests - if so that rules that out so if its not a lan cable its the pc

a setting - maybe the card is set to 10/100 - a faulty plug on the lan card or a browser problem [maybe] or even a virus or some other software - test the pc with it in safe mode

bottom line [for me] is that the laptop gives 200 - that says VM are not at fault here

i agree

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Changed the cable:-

1-st.JPG1-tb.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person