Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac suddenly not working

Hello. My Superhub 2ac has suddenly stopped working. This has happened a few times in the last year. I can usually fix it by doing a factory reset via 192.168.0.1 on my Mac and ethernet. This time nothing works. HW ver 1.03 SW V2.01.15 and both WIFI lights and the double arrow light are flashing like crazy. And oddly I can log into the Superhub shortly after re-starting it but when it settles into its turbo flashing routine it is unreachable and the browser window on Mac says No Internet. Any ideas? This is urgent. Thanks very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac suddenly not working

Update: (after 2 hours today on phone) spoke to an engineer. He said that my Superhub 2ac is 'locked out' meaning dead. They will replace it with a Superhub 3. Unfortunately I have a house full of people working online and the Virgin Media engineer is coming in 3 days - why can't they do it sooner? And actually, why can't they just Fedex me a Superhub 3 which I can install myself?

And as we have all our phones with Virgin Mobile, perhaps a gesture would be to give us unlimited data for the next 3 days so we can carry on working? Has anyone else managed to do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They normall do just send it out. However, if they are sending a tech to do it it may mean they have had a look and think your connection needs adjusting too.

You wont get mobile data - you can try for compensation for "downtime'.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/14708 - do you know the best way of getting them to send me a Superhub 3? My connection is really good - I get over 100Mbps..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Call in and see if they can change it.

But... TBH a tech will in 3 days will be quicker than VM packing one up and arranging for Yodel to pick it up, go through their system and then trying to deliver it 😞

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

.. well I wish they had sent me a new router as they cancelled the engineer (why don't they tell you??) 'because there was a technical fault in the area which we fixed' - this after yet another long call - this time 1 hour 55 minutes long. I'm sick of Virgin Media.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi abcd-abcd,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issue with the Super hub 2, and with the delivery of the new hub.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see since posting this has now arrived.

If you do still need anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex_RM for your sympathy - but do you work for Virgin Media?

Why haven't Virgin Media been in touch to apologise? Or to check that we're up and running ok?

Why haven't Virgin Media been in touch to refund me the £40 we had to buy from Virgin Mobile in data to limp through the week with no internet?

Terrible customer service from a company that is clearly a mess, different people telling me different things, promising things then letting me down, cutting me off twice - nine hours waiting on the phone over the course of the week!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@abcd-abcd wrote:

Thanks Alex_RM for your sympathy - but do you work for Virgin Media?

Why haven't Virgin Media been in touch to apologise? Or to check that we're up and running ok?

Why haven't Virgin Media been in touch to refund me the £40 we had to buy from Virgin Mobile in data to limp through the week with no internet?

Terrible customer service from a company that is clearly a mess, different people telling me different things, promising things then letting me down, cutting me off twice - nine hours waiting on the phone over the course of the week!

Yes he does.

Theres no SLA or recoup for extra spends as you’re on a residential contract. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos