Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2

Hi I think I have ip address conflicts which drops my WiFi signal.

Don't know too much about ip addresses.

Have tried to enter admin on the router but my password doesn't work. Tried a reset to factory default but nothing has changed. 

Or would I be better upgrading to a superhub 3?

Help please. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 2

I have an SH2 as well but only ever use it in modem mode with my own wireless equipment.

First check the sticker on its base is there and legible!
If you then do a pinhole reset with Hub switched on throughout - hold the pin for 60 seconds and then release and wait 5-10 minutes. The SSID's and the 2 passwords will revert to those on the sticker.

Use the wifi passphrase and admin password will revert to those on the sticker - make sure you use the password to log into the Hub settings page - NOT the wifi one.

You could also try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2

Thank you for your response John. I have already tried to reset the hub with no success, will try again tomorrow. 

Have tried to access the admin in router, seems to accept my password but doesn't move off the login screen?

I have a Amazon Alexa and it keeps disconnecting from the WiFi, think its because of an ip conflict??

Tried for the superhub 3 upgrade but got the oops message. 

Thank you for your support. Maxamace

0 Kudos