forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
JonB65
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 needs daily reboots

Hi 

My Superhub 2 which I think I have had for six or seven years is now needing a daily reboot, sometimes dropping out mid Teams call. It seems to be the hub as I get service back immediately every time and a couple of wired devices seem OK.  I have cat5 cabling connecting the front and back of the house and I've ordered a wireless extender which will be plugged into that, which should help.  I did wonder as well if a newer model Superhub would be more reliable. 

I have tried the upgrade weblink but I get an oops.

I have tried calling but I have hung on for ages and not managed to get through and I don't have a lot of non work time at the moment. 

I'm currently working full time from home in NHS Data, a lot of my work is supporting COVID-19 research so while I am not risking my life like frontline NHS workers I hope I am making a difference. I can prove to Virgin my NHS Status with a photo of my ID card or confirmation via my work email (or they can find me on LinkedIn).  Do you think there is a justification for escalating this, and a mechanism?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ianp2
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 needs daily reboots

Hi, I’ll message you now to help.

ian

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Acronema
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am getting the same problem, my old Superhub 2 stops working almost every day and needs a reboot. How can I request a new replacement Superhub? It seems this Community forum is the only way to register a request other than spend ages on the phone line.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3/4’s (there may be a small delivery charge).

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then it usually means you are on an old package that the computer can’t recognise so they want to speak to you about it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Acronema
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the quick and helpful reply John. I followed the link and everything was going to be free for the new Superhub apart from the last page when they wanted to charge a £49 activation fee, which I thought a bit steep for 'flicking a switch'. Phoning 150, and hanging on the line for 30 mins, got me an activation fee of £35. I hope the shiny new hub is trouble-free...

0 Kudos