forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
gw76
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 2.4ghz connection issue on new windows 10 laptop

Since getting a new windows 10 laptop, it will only connect to 5ghz and not 2.4ghz on my Superhub2 router. Same with another trial device (to make sure it wasn't the device)

I've tried rebooting, setting only 2.4ghz on only but no success and tried all the suggestions online.

Maybe i just need a new Router ?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 2.4ghz connection issue on new windows 10 laptop

Why do you want to connect on the 2.4 channel - it will always connect better on the 5GHz frequency.

Are your other 2.4 devices connecting ok.

And does the laptop connect on the 2.4 in other places?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gw76
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The signal is not nearly as strong on 5G compared to 2.4GHz (2 bars of wifi symbol vs full for 2.4) 

I need to know why the sudden difference (on two new laptops) when old laptop and every other wifi device connects to 2.4GHz no problem.

Lots of similar reports online and thought to be a Router software issue linking with Windows10 Laptops. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe - I never use VM Hub wifi or any Winows devices 🙂

Hopefully someone who does will comment soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gw76
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Im guessing noone else has encountered this situation.

VM Reps- will I just contact via standard channels if no resolution or suggestions here?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My lad uses windoze10 and his devices have no problems connecting on both.

Does your laptop connect on other 2.4 networks ok, at other locations? Have you tried asking in the windoze fora ? As its not a VM issue I think VM CS will jut send you to their "Gadget Rescue" service - which may be able to help/advise - but I think its chargeable

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
gw76
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Only the Windows 10 laptops (2 different ones) will not connect from new. Old laptop connects fine to Router on 2.4ghz. 

So there is something unique blocking 2.4 Windows 10 and router

Its bound to be something simple in a combination of settings but despite hundreds of posts online about it noone has the answer.  The VM hub3 is now ancient

0 Kudos